Search the forum,

Discuss 15mm Towel radiator valves with 10mm supply in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I've bought a new chrome towel radiator as the old one is all rusty.

I also bought new angled (standard) valves, 1/2" X 15mm as they too are old and rusty.

But when I look at what comes out of the wall, it's clearly not 15mm pipe, looks more like 10mm (plastic).

How have they gone from 15mm valve to 10mm pipe, there's nothing other than the valve as pictured? Is there some kind of insert that I can steal?
IMG_20201118_153543.jpg

Two options

it’s a 10mm valve

or

they have used snap reducers

I think is an insert, so my next question is can these be reused or have they been compressed like an olive.

you would have to use the old nuts but yes they should be fine

I've bought a new chrome towel radiator as the old one is all rusty.

I also bought new angled (standard) valves, 1/2" X 15mm as they too are old and rusty.

But when I look at what comes out of the wall, it's clearly not 15mm pipe, looks more like 10mm (plastic).

How have they gone from 15mm valve to 10mm pipe, there's nothing other than the valve as pictured? Is there some kind of insert that I can steal? View attachment 46291
They used Microbore Reducers, you can see how it's fitted inside of the valve compression side.

15mm to 10mm reducer set photo
Reducer_15to10mm.png
15 to 8mm reducer set

Reducer_15to8mm.png

Reply to 15mm Towel radiator valves with 10mm supply in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock