Search the forum,

Discuss 10mm Plastic Coated Microbore Leak? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed a small raised area, about 50mm across, 3 or 4mm high in the wall directly above the return feed from a radiator in my sons house last night. It's a dot n dab wall which I redecorated a year ago (blown vinyl, emulsion painted) when I was refurbing the house and there was no such bulge then - I would have noticed it. Now I'm wondering if the copper has a pinhole and the escaped water is sitting between the copper and the plastic. No sign of dampness and the combi pressure is stable. If the heating is on, you can feel warmth at this point. This section of wall has been repaired at some point in the past as it doesn't sound hollow when tapped at this point. Have any of you seen this before? I'm thinking it's major mess, big hole in wall time coming up....:cry_smile:

I would if: a) It wasnt so flipping cold, b) I hadn't recently redecorated and carpeted the whole place and c) my son, his girlfriend and my 1yr old grandson were not living there! I'm going to tell him to keep a close eye on it and let me know if anything changes. Fingers, toes and all other crossable bits (ouch!) crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 10mm Plastic Coated Microbore Leak? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a leak on the live side of one of my rads, in the GF loo. Its a condensing combi system, the house is only 5 years old, so fairly new. The leak is at the bottom compression fitting on the lockshield rad valve. The rad is a chromed steel towel rail, and the valve is brass/copper, the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Gutted out a 3 bed semi with a good condition Worcester Greenstar 28i Junior already installed. Planning to have 12 rads installed in the house (3 of which will be towel rads), with all new piping to each. Based on previous experience in another property with 1 rad not working because...
Replies
Views
Hi PlumbersForums. I've been having some issues with my central heating system in a 4 year old new build property for over a year now. I have some mental health issues with anxiety so this might be exaggerating the problem somewhat but please bear with me. My issues start with Plumber A doing...
Replies
Views
Why is it every plumber you speak to gives you a different view of what the best way of doing something is? First there was the argument about copper v plastic. Now its 15mm or 10mm plastic. So I had a guy in today to quote on a new boiler. He was really good and suggested I go for 10mm pipe...
Replies
Views
Situation, new house 15 months ago, when an odd job man was fitting fixtures in cloakroom he drilled through a central heating pipe. He did check with a pipe detector for pipes but builders had only put foil behind pipes and it did not show up (dot and dab plasterboard). He cut out plasterboard...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock