Search the forum,

Discuss 1 Rad not warming up at all, not even a bit in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

So, I have 20 rads supplied by microbore but 1 (just one) rad has stopped working, most rads have TRVs installed, about a month ago 2 rads in the basement woulnt warm up but they are now ok but when they startecworking the lounge one stopped. I have a 3 storey house (plus basement) and the oroblem rad is in the lounge on the ground floor. I have drained system, installed a Magnacleanse Pro 2 filter system and refilled with cleansing fluid. I've taken the rad off the wall and flushed it through with a hose, all nicely clear. Whilst it was off the wall, i opened the trv a little and got good flow from it, then opened lockshield valve and again good flow. Put rad back on wall and opened valves and rad filled, bled it ok. Put system back on and no heat at all, nada, nothing, zip, not even luke warm. If i close all other rads, still nothing and it is driving me nuts!

Any ideas anyone please?
[automerge]1579519681[/automerge]
So, I have 20 rads supplied by microbore but 1 (just one) rad has stopped working, most rads have TRVs installed, about a month ago 2 rads in the basement woulnt warm up but they are now ok but when they startecworking the lounge one stopped. I have a 3 storey house (plus basement) and the oroblem rad is in the lounge on the ground floor. I have drained system, installed a Magnacleanse Pro 2 filter system and refilled with cleansing fluid. I've taken the rad off the wall and flushed it through with a hose, all nicely clear. Whilst it was off the wall, i opened the trv a little and got good flow from it, then opened lockshield valve and again good flow. Put rad back on wall and opened valves and rad filled, bled it ok. Put system back on and no heat at all, nada, nothing, zip, not even luke warm. If i close all other rads, still nothing and it is driving me nuts!

Any ideas anyone please?
So, the magic of this forum!! Overnight the rad has decided that it will work again after weeks of stone cold it is now perfect.

Last edited:

Any ideas anyone please?
[automerge]1579519681[/automerge]

So, the magic of this forum!! Overnight the rad has decided that it will work again after weeks of stone cold it is now perfect.
It’s a little known Sunday service on PF...remote diagnosis and repair. Chking

Reply to 1 Rad not warming up at all, not even a bit in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had an electric boiler which heated all the radiators just fine, but around a few years ago i had a gas one fitted and the radiators in the living and...
Replies
Views
Evening all. I have an open vented C/H system with a heat only boiler and 10 rads over 3 floors. I checked the system mid summer and all was ok. Now one radiator won’t get hot. ALL rads contain water, I have bled all rads. No hot water getting to flow pipe of cold rad. All other rads are...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also have an UFH zone in the kitchen. Near the boiler I have 2 port valves which control this part of the system. The boiler has been loosing pressure...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs covering at leave twice the floor area As per diagram has free flow Up or Down, no way to balance. Works pretty well but last few Rads (in kitchen) are...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are on 15mm pipework, the rest are on 10mm. its powered by a Grundfos ups3 pump. the boiler is an 18kw heat only boiler. There are two radiators mainly...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock