Search the forum,

Discuss 1 Rad not warming up at all, not even a bit in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

So, I have 20 rads supplied by microbore but 1 (just one) rad has stopped working, most rads have TRVs installed, about a month ago 2 rads in the basement woulnt warm up but they are now ok but when they startecworking the lounge one stopped. I have a 3 storey house (plus basement) and the oroblem rad is in the lounge on the ground floor. I have drained system, installed a Magnacleanse Pro 2 filter system and refilled with cleansing fluid. I've taken the rad off the wall and flushed it through with a hose, all nicely clear. Whilst it was off the wall, i opened the trv a little and got good flow from it, then opened lockshield valve and again good flow. Put rad back on wall and opened valves and rad filled, bled it ok. Put system back on and no heat at all, nada, nothing, zip, not even luke warm. If i close all other rads, still nothing and it is driving me nuts!

Any ideas anyone please?
[automerge]1579519681[/automerge]
So, I have 20 rads supplied by microbore but 1 (just one) rad has stopped working, most rads have TRVs installed, about a month ago 2 rads in the basement woulnt warm up but they are now ok but when they startecworking the lounge one stopped. I have a 3 storey house (plus basement) and the oroblem rad is in the lounge on the ground floor. I have drained system, installed a Magnacleanse Pro 2 filter system and refilled with cleansing fluid. I've taken the rad off the wall and flushed it through with a hose, all nicely clear. Whilst it was off the wall, i opened the trv a little and got good flow from it, then opened lockshield valve and again good flow. Put rad back on wall and opened valves and rad filled, bled it ok. Put system back on and no heat at all, nada, nothing, zip, not even luke warm. If i close all other rads, still nothing and it is driving me nuts!

Any ideas anyone please?
So, the magic of this forum!! Overnight the rad has decided that it will work again after weeks of stone cold it is now perfect.

Last edited:

Any ideas anyone please?
[automerge]1579519681[/automerge]

So, the magic of this forum!! Overnight the rad has decided that it will work again after weeks of stone cold it is now perfect.
It’s a little known Sunday service on PF...remote diagnosis and repair. Chking

Reply to 1 Rad not warming up at all, not even a bit in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock