Search the forum,

Discuss 1 inch bathroom mixer tap in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,
I hope you are doing well.
I have two copper pipes one 15mm and the hot water is 22mm.
My mixer tap has 2x 25mm (1 inch) female.

How to connect this up?
I cannot find any flexible connectors above 22mm. I also cannot find any reducers from 25 to 22mm.
What can I do?

Is this a modern tap or antique?
It would be unusual for a modern (up to 75yrs old or so) tap to be 1" female, they're normally 3/4" male.
3/4" thread measures approx 1" across the outer diameter.

Does the tap look like this where the brass connections are?

Bath tap.PNG

Your tap is standard don’t worry, as snowhead says 3/4” tap tails actually measure 1” across the threads! (Don’t ask)

Easiest thing would be a 3/4” to 22mm push fit flexi for the hot and a 3/4” to 15mm push fit flexi for the cold.

John Guest Speedfit versions of these are available everywhere!

Is this a modern tap or antique?
It would be unusual for a modern (up to 75yrs old or so) tap to be 1" female, they're normally 3/4" male.
3/4" thread measures approx 1" across the outer diameter.

Does the tap look like this where the brass connections are?

View attachment 76932
Yes, I got it wrong it's 1" male.
It's 25mm outside diameter and about 19-20mm inside diameter.

Ok so the correct designation for this one is 3/4".
Thank you everyone!

Reply to 1 inch bathroom mixer tap in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of the tap. However now I can't remove it again as it seems I must have used the wrong screw head and have rounded off the head. Please see attached...
Replies
Views
Hi, As I need to purchase two new taps for our en suite, I've noticed that almost all taps now come with flexi tails as standard. I've read some horror stories about these bursting / leaking so would prefer rigid fixings like the existing ones they are replacing. I'm looking to purchase this...
Replies
Views
I'm a council tenant and my bathroom basin is broken and needs replacing, it has standard pillar taps. Do you know if councils would ever replace it with a mixer tap one if I paid the difference? (I'm guessing no but it's worth a try). How much more complicated and time consuming is it to...
Replies
Views
I am trying to replace the cartridge for a waterfall tap (mixer mono) for the bathroom sink, I have run into a problem whereby I cannot remove the cartridge as the usual 32mm nut is recessed and I cannot get to it. The tap is from screwfix ( NIAGARA WATERFALL BASIN MONO MIXER TAP) I have...
Replies
Views
I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and the compression joint where the pipe enters an isolation valve now leaks. The outside tap was covered for the winter by an insulating blanket. I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock