Search the forum,

Discuss 1" BSP Thread Depth with Hydrosure Swivel Outlets in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm trying to connect my Garden Tap which has a 1" BSP outlet to my HydroSure Swivel Manifold.

The connector on the HydroSure becomes water tight when tightened with the thread all the way to the joint. The Tap outlet is not deep enough to cause this seal. The connector requires a depth of around 17mm, the tap outlet is only around 12mm. What's the best way to create the seal? Pack out with Fibre washers? I have tried multiple adaptors but they either leak at the tap outlet end (thread does not go deep enough) or at the HydroSure connector end because they don't go deep enough.

I have a 3d printer so was thinking about making a 7-8mm thread to put inside the HydroSure connector but perhaps this is just crazy talk....

Thanks in advance

IMG_0139.JPG
Screenshot 2020-05-27 at 21.00.44.png

Attachments

• IMG_0139.JPG
    IMG_0139.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 1
Cut the plastic nut by 6 mm off the end ?

Thanks for the reply. And this won't compromise the stability of the connector?

will be fine aslong as you don’t over tighten (that would be an issue even if you left it full length)
[automerge]1590615013[/automerge]
Or use Loctite 577 on the second thread - that seals anything - even if only hand tight

doesn’t work on plastic and it’s a swivel/ loose nut joint

It certainly does work on plastic (PVC) - it is one of only two sealants approved for Salter Oxygen distribution systems - present in most UK hospitals

It certainly does work on plastic (PVC) - it is one of only two sealants approved for Salter Oxygen distribution systems - present in most UK hospitals
But this doesn’t resolve the depth issue. Swivel nut is only water tight when the thread is all the way to the bottom of the nut.

i think your thinking of another product defo doesn’t work on plastic metal to metal contact

That is nonsense, the issue with 577 is when it is used on non PVC or UPVC plastics. It attacks the substrate. For metal to Pvc or UPvc, provided it is a clean joint and primed 577 delivers a leak free seal.

The fitting you are trying to fit your new tap in, can that be changed? or could you fit a bush first?
Who is the manufacturer of the fitting?

Just put a couple of rubber washers in.
Are washing machine rubber washer suitable?

Will the outlet be under constant pressure, or is it for a hose?

I’m with oz here, massive over-thinking going on, just put three or four washing machine rubber washers in.

This is not a new problem, often showers etc need two or three washers.

A few pence and less than a minute, you’ll be up and running...

Reply to 1" BSP Thread Depth with Hydrosure Swivel Outlets in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock