Search the forum,

Discuss 1 Bathroom upstairs not getting cold water. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

New to the forum! So we have 2 bathrooms upstairs in our house, and one half bath on the main floor. This morning the cold water is not working in just one of the bathrooms upstairs (sinks, toilet, tub/shower). It works everywhere else in the house. Also, hot water works everywhere. We have lived here for 5 years now and never had an issue with frozen pipes. Heat (boiler furnace) is working properly.

There are 2 sinks in the bathroom. Both have 1 spout w/ 2 handles. It seems I can force the hot water to come out when the cold valve is open in certain scenarios.

Any ideas what it may be? So far, I've checked the meter when no water is on and it's NOT spinning. I've opened up the cabinet doors, turned the heat up upstairs to 75 and also put a space heater in the bathroom just in case it is a frozen pipe somehow.

Water was working last night. Any ideas what I may be dealing with?

Thank you!!

Reply to 1 Bathroom upstairs not getting cold water. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Hi. Turned my heating on for the 1st time today, i bled every radiator as haven't done it since last winter. upstairs worked fine but an hour or 2 later I noticed downstairs was still cold. I looked for some advice online and turned the trv's off and locksheilds for the upstairs only and...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I turned my cold water feed off in the airing cupboard which supplies only cold water to my bathroom but it also turned the water to my toilet off is that a correct set up? Because it didn't used to before the stop valve in airing cupboard only turned off the cold water supply to...
Replies
Views
Got intermittent hot water coming the from a combi boiler to kitchen mixer tap when it hits the T junction for the upstairs bath it's hot, but on the other of the T junction to the kitchen mixer tap it's stone cold, anyone any ideas ?
Replies
Views
Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft but an unvented cylinder in the upstairs airing cupboard. A gas heat only boiler. Upstairs I have two en suite rooms. One with a shower and one with...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock