From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss 1 1/4" (300mm) bath tap washer? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at

We have some large Britannia brass taps, one of which has begun to leak pretty badly because the washer that should be attached to the tap spindle has degraded and is pulling way when the tap's opened.

The trouble is, the washer is huge: 1 1/4" (300mm) by the looks of it.

Does anyone know where I can get those? I've tried Screwfix and a plumbing supplies shop, but they only have ones up to about 1/2".


Last Plumber

Gas Engineer
Advent Win
Have you tried PTFE?

Or a good (real) Plumbers merchant
Post automatically merged:

1574861036436.pngLike these? Is this the type you mean?
Post automatically merged:

I think you need 1" fibre washers.
They sell them online
(Sorry, I meant more like 30mm not 300!)

From what I can tell, the inner diameter is maybe 7-8mm (so M8?), and the external is 27mm. 4mm thick.

I've tried contacting what may be the manufacturers of the taps (hard to know) and they say they may have them in stock (£6!) so I guess that's my best bet. Right now it's leaking about a bucket every 30mins!

Here's some more photos BTW.



Staff member
S. Mod
Gas Engineer
3/4 tap washer

3/4 tap washer

Ah, that's looks more like it! Mind you, the ones I've ordered from the manufacturers are £7 so with luck that will work. Gotta wait until maybe Friday for delivery though. It's like being waterboarded meanwhile!

Reply to 1 1/4" (300mm) bath tap washer? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Plumbing and Plumbers

Plumbing Workwear

Shower Power Booster

Plumbase Spares - Plumbing Supplies and Spare Parts

Water Underfloor Heating

CORGI Direct for Plumbers

The Wetroom Store

Plumbase Spares

New Posts Threads Members