Search the forum,

Discuss 0% Finance on Flue Gas Analysers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anth

Does anyone know where i could get a flue gas analyser on 0% finance?
Its a lot of money to fork out all at once. I'm a sole trader and consider it a major purchase. (its alright 4 you lads who get em bought 4 ya :smile: )

I only know of one site but the analyser is over a grand think they charge a small fee for paying it in instalments, better off getting a 0% credit card and paying it off that way, or hire one till you can afford one

You've got to be crazy to be committing almost £1500 for an analyser, you can't yet afford, just so you can pay it over a few months.

You can get a decent analyser for around £700.

If you want interest free credit, you can get a credit card as suggested above that gives you 0% on new purchases.

Tesco currently do one that gives you 15 months interest free.

So for £700, you'd pay £46.67 per month.

Obviously don't use the card for anything else and make sure you set up a direct debit, so all payments are made.

Make the right decision, don't regret it.

think im going to get a credit card to buy it, its too much money to fork out all at once, i need some holiday money for the festive period lol

sift through all the junk mail you get and use an % free credit card, and buy what you "need" not what you "want", eg do you "need" a printer for your contracts ie MUST you give them a print off? if it isnt mandatory there is no need to have a printer, some people say it proves you did this or that, but ultimately my signature on a bit of paper saying the readings are fine is all the proof anyone needs, we have had contracts where the client has demanded a print off so the guys on that contract got a printer, but itsd just something else to buy, break, lose, same with all the probes you can buy, only buy what you NEED, if you are strict and only beed a basic analyser to check boilers you cvan get a basic 455 for £399 plus VAT, and TBH i think they might be doing a discount on that price at the mo, shop around

Would agree. No real reason to get one with printer

In the old days when used to use the analyser mainly for oil ,we did not have printers, we used labelled pads when needed and just filled readings in by hand, that would woek just as well today
These days you could even take a picture of readings on your phone and send details of readings if someone insisted on having a direct record

When first got my printer. Used tp print everything off but realised very few people actually want a copy anyway

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
And if you want to see your customers' eyes glaze over you just need to explain what the print out means. They're more interested in having a good service for a reasonable price.

Not many look over their MoT emissions rates, let alone understand the figures - much more interested to receive a green form to keep their vehicle going for another year. Ditto boiler customers. More interested in having the boiler serviced so it's less likely to break down over the next 12 months or so.

That analyser's the mutt's nuts, but I'm telling you, unless you are doing some heavy duty testing it is overkill. Additionally, in I think year 6 it's due its cell replacement and that's extremely expensive, £500+ IIRC.

yes not something i would buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 0% Finance on Flue Gas Analysers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock