• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.
Questions and plumbing advice in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice - General plumbing questions answered in our plumbing forum. Please use this forum for general plumbing advice related topics. Professional Plumbing Advice can be sought, found, and provided in this forum.

You might find our tile advice forum handy if you're tiling, and our electrical advice forum handy if you're carrying out electrical work. Whether DIY or Professional. :).

Some popular plumbing forums: Plumbing Forum - Plumbing Tools - Plumbing Courses & NVQ's

U
I need to do some work on the supply pipe from the road into the property, can anyone advise me as to how I cut the supply from the meter in the...
Replies
Views
wiggikins
W
P
Hi Everyone, I`m looking for plumbing/heating placement work (no pay) in the Home Counties area. Currently studying Plumbing at Barnfield...
Replies
Views
plumbum
P
W
I am having building work done at the moment. The person doing the plumbing is using speedfit connections for water and heating below floorboards...
Replies
Views
fizzput
F
M
hi i am a self employed tiler, and are planning to go into bathrrom fitting also, i know use lot have more than likely heard all this b4, but...
Replies
Views
Smartie27
S
S
Seak-A-Leak is a new range of products coming out later this year. The concept of the product will be similar to the push/speedfit but in two...
Replies
Views
Seek-A-Leak
S
U
How do i remove a honeywell VT117E Radiator Thermostat decorator’s cap ? My daughter some how managed to knock this off, I poped it back on but...
Replies
Views
Unregistered
U
K
Hi all.new member here,can someone please advise me . Have recently removed a wall in front room blah blah and want to put rad back where it was...
Replies
Views
K
B
I have a Beaumont Sequential Shower Valve and the tap is leaking. I live in a hard water area and guess it is probably clogged up with limescale...
Replies
Views
Barlamb
B
W
Hi. Can anyone out there please advise me where I can get a washer for a 1" BS1010/2 stopcock. Everywhere I have tried only stocks up to 3/4"...
Replies
Views
ProffesorPlumb
P
C
Hi everyone, New to this site and after a little advice. I am currently looking to learn a trade 1) To learn something...
Replies
Views
uug197h
U
J
Hi, Does anyone know if using a pressure reducing valve for an unbalanced system will work. It's for a mixer shower that has been fitted. It's...
Replies
Views
SteveO
S
D
Hello all I am replacing a bath and shower that are independantly fed - the bath runs from the hot water cistern / cold water tank in loft. The...
Replies
Views
B
A
Spent 5 years as an apprentice Plumber/gas fitter, but due to some problems with the company i worked for, and a lengthy legal situation i ended...
Replies
Views
Anderzz
A
F
Hi im new to this am looking for work in Brecon :)
Replies
Views
F
J
Hi chaps, Would appreciate some help. I've installed a manual mixer shower on a open vented system, only to find out later that the shower...
Replies
Views
ProffesorPlumb
P
N
Hey all! A question! Currently about to perform a first fix. 2 bathrooms, cloak, kitchen, boiler, blah blah blah. Were gonna use plastic...
Replies
Views
ProffesorPlumb
P
D
Hi as a new member i feel a little checky in asking this without introducing myself. Does anyone know of any site work in and around the Bury St...
Replies
Views
David Want
D
D
hi folks just started a course on plumbing trying to get out of the meat trade. good with my hands allready done a bathroom refit and total tile...
Replies
Views
ProffesorPlumb
P
A
Hey there..... Looking for information regarding the quality of Hudson Reed shower fixtures. Anyone have any experience with their products...
Replies
Views
avamg
A
M
I am pricing to install several showers in a gymnasium there is no spec for the job and what i want to know is as its a commercial installation is...
Replies
Views
markfxy
M
M
I'm looking for some volunteers to try out a new service I'm launching to give me some early feedback. All you need is a mobile phone. The service...
Replies
Views
MartinWillitts
M
U
I visited my local aquarium shop and I noticed they have white plastic piping (approx 2" in diametre). Apparently this piping sinks in water...
Replies
Views
Unregistered
U
B
im totally stuck with a central heating system i installed last may. everything was working fine until last dec when i got a fone call from the...
Replies
Views
bigbeak07
B
U
Hello, We've just had a new bath\shower installed with a pump for the shower. Before the installation, the hotwater pressure was great but now...
Replies
Views
Unregistered
U
S
Have recently fitted a foam backed shower tray which i found very flexible when i fitted it , its a 1200 x 900 tray and 40mm thick i stuck it down...
Replies
Views
sorefoot
S
D
I have a noisy Grundfos central heating pump. It rattles sometimes. If I undo the big screw in the middle of the pump, there is the sound of a...
Replies
Views
D
S
I have gone through a lot of vokera valiant raven heat etc… websites and I maybe I have missed it but I just couldn’t find anything regarding flow...
Replies
Views
shraheens
S
U
Hello, the hot tap in my bathroom is dripping and so I decided to change the washer myself. The only trouble is I cant seem to untighten the nut...
Replies
Views
L
U
Hi I'm not a plumber but after some advice. When I purchased my house the concrete floors were replaced, to avoid having any exposed pipework we...
Replies
Views
uug197h
U
S
Hello, Just wondering, how many people here have come from a non-plumbing background and decided to change careers and get into plumbing? If you...
Replies
Views
new b
N
N
Need advice on buying good quality ceramic sink (Villeroy and Boch?) and buying taps (Perrin and Rowe or less expensive ones?)
Replies
Views
John t
J
N
I have just replaced the PCB on the Ferroli 77FF boiler. When replaced the CH side of the boiler worked fine but then cut off after about 6 hrs...
Replies
Views
neil young
N
B
Hello there, I am looking for an expert plumber to feature in several video clips, demonstrating how to carry out simple tasks such as changing a...
Replies
Views
B
L
Been having the usual ceramic disc issue from local supliers. If you bring it in we might be able to order it etc etc...... Got in touch with...
Replies
Views
L
B
I recently returned from a holiday to New Zealand and found that the majority of new build houses are plumbed with a plastic clamping system...
Replies
Views
B
K
Hi everyone, Just a quick (I hope) question! I have a Protherm 80E boiler in a flat which I have just moved into. I'm told this is not a very...
Replies
Views
Agile
A
B
Hi I am new to this forum and by the looks of it the forum is fairly new too.:)
Replies
Views
bathroomboy
B
E
Hi I have a bristan Pisa shower and basically when i turn the shower on it is boiling. when you turn it down to the required temperature it...
Replies
Views
uug197h
U
Dan
Underfloor Heating UK - Underfloor Heating Installers, Suppliers & Servicing have always had work off me. I used to be an electric underfloor...
Replies
Views
N
U
According to independent research commissioned by UK copper tube manufacturer Mueller Europe, copper is still the preferred choice of material for...
Replies
Views
uug197h
U
Post a New Thread / Question

Newest Threads (Please Reply)

New Threads