Search the forum,
Questions and plumbing advice in the DIY Plumbing Forum - .

Some popular plumbing forums: Plumbing Advice - Plumbing Tools - Plumbing Courses & NVQ's

Forum Prefix Filter

• Question
Hello, I'm a homeowner, not a DIYer. I have an almost 1 year old SaniCompact Comfort wall-hung toilet which has worked flawlessly until about a month ago. The last couple of times it was used, it made a loud noise and acted like it didn't want to flush. I guessed that it might be time to...
Replies
Views
A few months ago I wanted to connect a 1000l water butt (fabricated from galv steel) to our washing machine. After trawling many forums and websites for advice the general consensus was don't bother. I like a challenge so connected up the butt initially with nothing else in line, the washer...
Replies
Views
Hi all, as it’s starting to get chilly at night, we’re thinking of having the heating on at night… well the wife is. Which led me to wonder whats the point of having a room stat when the radiators all have their own thermostat controls? We currently have just a time controller for the heating...
Replies
Views
Mixture of miss measuring and changing of products to get something to fit the sink has left me with the below issue. Plumbing coming from the sink is not fixed yet, on the pipe on the vertical down was just a scrap being used to see if I could force it, trap off to the right a second sink is...
Replies
Views
Morning, Moved house a few months ago and first issue is having a slight leak on tap in kitchen. Went under sink to turn off water and there are four valves I can see as per attached photos. Tried turning all clockwise 90 degrees as per usual but water still coming out of tap. Am I missing...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
B
My toilet was slow flushing. I did some research and discovered it needed a new diaphragm washer. I managed to replace that. It now works. But now it trickles water into the bowl between flushes and then there is an odd noise randomly. I turned the water off at the mains and now the water...
Replies
Views
So I think I've made a really stupid mistake. I stuffed a bit of rag into the pipe end to stop drips while I was preparing to solder. Then I put the new fitting on and soldered it. I didn't realise and tested the heating which worked but then got a low flow on the boiler. It was then I realised...
Replies
Views
I recently posted to request information about supply of a "dual Immersion heater". Two members kindly replied with helpful advice. I tried to respond with thanks but the system persistently refused to accept this; quoting: "Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content...
Replies
Views
T
For about a year, my shower on a third floor is giving an on off gas smell sometimes after a shower and particularly in the morning not long after the sun rises enough to hit our roof. I usually run some water into my p-trap and the smell goes away after a few minutes. There is a tub right...
Replies
Views
Timmy1
T
D
Morning folks, I am staying with my son and something strange happened. My wife was washing her hands in the downstairs toilet and the tap in the kitchen started running water for about a minute then stopped. It's happened 3 or 4 times but not every time. Any alive welcome.
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'd like to get some advice on the following issue. We have relatively large tiles (see image 1), and the idea was that the vertical grout line on the would be covered by the (mount of the) bath screen. The 2nd fix has just happened, and the screen was fixed slightly off the line. I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a Bosch Dishwasher that has just started making a loud droning noise constantly when switched on. I have taken out and cleaned the filter, and removed the pump cover. The impeller is turning freely but water is not draining. I will try and attached a video which hopefully shows the issue...
Replies
Views
V
Hi all, I'm completely inexperienced at this, but my kitchen taps are ancient, and the water has started dripping. Rather than just change the washer, I want to change the entire thing to a mixer tap that supports two holes. I think I've figured most of it out except for the part where I...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
Hi, long story short, our boiler has been replaced with a combi and the loft and airing cupboard are now devoid of tanks and pipework, except.... ... this old flue pipe, which was once connected to the original boiler when our home was built in the mid-80s. It runs from a vent on the roofline...
Replies
Views
J
Our newly bought house doesnt have a filter on the combi and most of the radiators (microbore) dont heat up at the bottom which im putting down to sludge and other gunk i intend to fit a filter (not sure which 1 yet) and run some clearer through it (fernox f3 has been recommended) i am also...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I am putting some blinds up. Which screws/all plugs are best for plasterboard window frames ?? I've got stud detector, drills etc as other people have told me before to get a handyman on here.
Replies
Views
  • Question
I am trying to fit an anti-rodent valve ARB-1 to a MacFit MAC-1 WC pan connector. Instructions for the valve say"remove ..... ribbed seal" from WC connector and discard. But as far as I can see the seal is bonded to the WC connector and is not removable. Would be grateful for advice if someone...
Replies
Views
Hello, First post, be gentle! Anyway, here's my issue. I have a Roca The Gap D-Trit close-couple toilet with integrated macerator in my secondary bathroom. In all it's a great solution for a problem location for a bathroom. However, the cistern has a typical european style side inlet pipe, and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just moved into a house that has a Worcester oil fired boiler, when powered up it burns constantly even when the heat setting is off and no hot water running, is this normal ?? Don’t know how old it is and waiting documents to be returned from the Soliciters to see what service...
Replies
Views
At beginning I would like to say Hello to all members and I would like to introduce mysel as novice DIY plumber. I managed to change radiator, top-up water and bleed it, also I would like to flush -replacing water in radiators in whole house, as it's 6 years old and water is stinky and yellow...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock