Search the forum,
Questions and plumbing advice in the DIY Plumbing Forum - .

Some popular plumbing forums: Plumbing Advice - Plumbing Tools - Plumbing Courses & NVQ's

Forum Prefix Filter

Hi everyone, I’m just DIYing a bathroom refurb and came across this blanked off pipe in the wall that protrudes out about 2cm. The previous owners tiled round it and left it exposed which makes me think that it was left in situ on purpose. We don’t actually use gas in the house and don’t have a...
Replies
Views
I am repiping my whole house and changing from combi boiler to a 30kW system boiler & 250Ltr or 300Ltr unvented indirect hw tank. Can somebody give advice on my rough plans/sketches for repiping my radiators using 22mm & 15mm. I have only shown the flow line as the return line will just be a...
Replies
Views
Whilst messing about trying to find the location of my underground pipw leak, still ongoing, I decided to have a look at my drainage chamber. A right mess it is. The chamber is 480mm diameter and is covered by a rotten lid of 620mm x 480mm. As you can see from the attached piccy the lid is the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that has previously been extended. In one of the bedrooms that has been extended there are 2 radiators, one which looks like it was fitted when the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I fix what I can around the house myself and have fixed a few toilets but I need help with this one. This toilet keeps running and stopping, running and stopping, etc. I've cleaned the rubber flapper itself and at the point that it contacts the reservoir, so I don't think it's leaking from...
Replies
Views
Hey guys I know this ain't plumbing. But some of you may know. I have a small bathroom but water seems to leak to the kitchen. I realised under the floor tiles one of the floorboards on side of the bath was wet through and almost rotten. So I feel the water has been seeping through that due...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have just joined, after being pushed into some DIY plumbing. Here is my first plumbing DIY effort. I had a cistern lever that didn't flush properly, and had become corroded and unsightly. I figured I'd get a plumber in to do it (after a couple of years apologising to guests for...
Replies
Views
I have a wall mounted bathroom tap that leaks. Presumably I need a washer of sorts replaced. I cannot work out which tool I need to remove the tap. There is a small hole (8mm?) to the side but I can’t seem to get a fixing from either a alum key or screwdriver. Ever hopeful…? Matt
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I am plumbing in a double basin sink based on the first pic that I mined from a Reddit thread. (happy to accept suggestions on if this is correct as well) My waste pipe is 32mm and mounted in the floor. I will be mostly solvent welding However when I look at the top of the p-trap, I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have to be install a shower elbow, I like the look of this one, but I think the maximum thread length I should screw in is around 40mm (as I'm not sure exactly how many turns it will be towards the end to get it aligned and snug) is it acceptable to cut down an elbow that has a...
Replies
Views
Moved in to bungalow recently and 1 radiator is cold. All the others get really hot when turned on. Gas system boiler, header tank in loft. I tried balancing, turning off other radiators, increasing pump speed, but best I could get at high pump speed is a tiny bit of heat in radiator, barely...
Replies
Views
I've had a burst pipe under bathroom floor. Ive had it dug up and made safe with the affected pipe cut and end caps fitted. The pipes are cover with a plastic sheet and then screet on top. I called out my gas boiler cover to make a permanent repair. The company they sent out have said it is...
Replies
Views
In short: Do suppliers sometimes list BSPT as BSP? I need a tee, 22mm each end with a BSPT in the middle for an expansion vessel to dangle from. Why I think its I've used calipers on the threads and counted them, and the male end sticking out of the vessel is BSPT 3/4 with 14 threads per inch...
Replies
Views
Can't check pressure on Boss pressure valve (big round red thing) because there is no gauge attached. Thanks
Replies
Views
I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning towards the waste end though. The shower tray is pushed underneath the tiles. My mate did the tiling and I now realise that we should have put the shower...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, The metal spindal on the top of one of our radiator valves is snapped off and the radiator is always off, is there a quickish fix for this or will I have to drain the whole system to replace it, pictures inculded, thank you!!
Replies
Views
I need to replace a 3/4 or 22mm blending valve on a Telford Trident electric hot water boiler. see attached picture of the original part. Telford asked me 100£ for the part and refused to provide the technical details. I am pretty confident this is not a proprietary part and similar parts...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am planning to build a small half bath in my garage, next to a washing machine, using old showers plumbing. There was a stand-alone shower in the garage which has been removed. Unfortunately the pipes are only 1.5" on that side of the house since there's no bathroom and the house is...
Replies
Views
This is probably obvious but I want to replace the cartridge to stop dripping. I have done similar before but I cannot work out how to remove the tap head! i thought the hot/cold circle would pop out but no such luck and don't want to damage. can anyone help? Thanks Martin fix the caple
Replies
Views
Hi I moved into a property where the pressure is slightly low and they have this super duper shower but pressure is somewhat lacking. I have had water company out and they did do a check and they found the flow rate reduced but they mentioned about the inside stopcock/tap should be changed just...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock