Search the forum,
Questions and plumbing advice in the DIY Plumbing Forum - .

Some popular plumbing forums: Plumbing Advice - Plumbing Tools - Plumbing Courses & NVQ's

Forum Prefix Filter

Hi, I would like to connect up water supply to fridge. Behind the fridge there is 15mm isolation valve installed however filter connector has got bigger size. I assume I need some kind of adaptor from smaller to larger size. Could someone advise what exactly do I need please? Thanks
Replies
Views
Would appreciate it if somebody could list the steps required to replace a leaking toilet pan connector.
Replies
Views
  • Question
A while ago I replaced a leaky, corroded sink trap. That all appears to be fine, I can't find any leaks with it, and everything under the sink appears to be consistently dry. The problem I have is that there appears to be a leak where the waste pipe out from the bottle trap meets the wall...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am concerned about the shower drain body in this picture being loose. I can move the metal ring visible in the picture left and right freely with my hand. My question is whether there is way to fix this from above without having to access the drainassembly from below the shower tray...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My partner and I recently bought a house and have been attempting to make the bathroom less fugly. I was removing the bath and shower taps to replace, but while removing the bath spout (which had no nut to undo), the threaded section of the pipe broke. I thought the bit that broke must...
Replies
Views
Hi All I hope you are doing well. I have this water tank for hot water heated by a Baxi boiler or electrical heater. What is the recommended temperature on it? I see Danfoss ATC written near the knob. Is it what the end-user wants or there is a reason behind 50 or 60 Centigrade? I think it was...
Replies
Views
M
i currently have a valve/cartridge that controls only temperature is you turn it one way or the other. is it possible to remove the cartridge to replace it with one that can control both volume and flow rate? it may be about 30 years old/original to home. everything is accessible as i am...
Replies
Views
B
We had a blocked outside drain .Got the same guy out again to unblock . Sewage is coming through the drain . How do you tell if you have shared drains? We have a drain at bottom of yard a little square one that seems to always get blocked.
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi - I’d like to replace my single old 1 sump pump with a combination unit, primary and backup units. I have a whole house generator so a battery backup sump is not needed - reduces maintenance too. Anyone aware of combination sump units where both are powered by AC? Seems there are plenty...
Replies
Views
K
I need to change my scalemaster magnetic scale inhibitor as it is leaking but I cannot work out how to take it off! I ordered a new one the same so I could see how it's fitted but have received a completely different one!! Help please
Replies
Views
Newish house with radiators that have microbore pipe but on one of them the pipe is sticking up above the radiator which looks unsightly. Is it possible to push the excess pipe back into the wall? I'm worried about causing a leak.
Replies
Views
Hi All, I hope you are doing well. I have this 3.25mm lead-free grade 99c solder wire. I know that the good practice to bend the wire before soldering so you know exactly how much it is absorbed by the flux. I know too little isn't good and too much is as bad. I need to connect two 15mm pipes...
Replies
Views
hi all, I'm just sorting the drainage for my freestanding bath. Due to a slight misalignment of the drainage / manufacturing error I'm unable to get the rubber seal for the overflow totally compressed up against the bath. Any recommendations on an alternative to the rubber gasket like Plumbers...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi All. I am trying to locate the stopcock in my property. After a good few hours searching I think I may have found it - but would like some advice from plumbers / DIY experts. Is what I have found actually a stopcock? Can you take a look at the pictures attached and tell me what you think? I...
Replies
Views
R
Hi there, Please excuse my lack of knowledge on this, my plumbing knowledge is very limited. I have a cold water feed going into cistern with plastic pipe and push fits. It's a new built in cistern. I am looking to tap into the feed and add a water supply for a washing machine. Can I just...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need a small water heater for a bathroom sink tap. I was going to have an unvented undercounter unvented cylinder installed by a plumber. I'm a sad old git living alone and working a crappie job. Twice, I have used up a very valuable days holiday to wait at home for the local G3 water...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a little problem or a question if all you experienced people can put me straight please? I am just a bit surprised - I had a call out for a plumbing job - in London - the flat is rented out. The kitchen sink was blocked. I called out one company, they did not fix it, and that was £95...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a factory lagged indirect hot water cylinder in the airing cupboard, installed about 2002. The control thermostat is fitted near the bottom of the cylinder and the primary circuit connections are near the top and bottom of cylinder connected to a gas fired boiler. This results in nearly...
Replies
Views
Good morning I installed a Harvey’s water softener recently. Have a semi detached property with 3 showers and a 2 toilets with a mega flow cylinder 25mm mains pipe work with 22mm onwards. I put the softener before the prv which was pre installed with the unvented cylinder as the rep said...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, just removed a radiator while decorating. One side was easy, the other just spun round and is now leaking. Have drained down system but not sure how to fix leak (not seen this connector before) ps was really tight - split the olive? The whole connector is spinning round. Thanks in advance.
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock