• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.
Questions and plumbing advice in the Australian Plumbing Advice Forum - Australian Plumbing Advice Forum for all those who are looking for answers to plumbing and central heating questions they have. Whether Australian Boiler Suppliers and Installers, or general advice around the rules and regulations related to Australian (Aus) plumbing. Find Aus plumbing videos, how-to guides, and plenty of community spirit from our regular Aus members. :).

Some popular plumbing forums: Plumbing Forum - Plumbing Tools - Plumbing Courses & NVQ's

A
I have a serious issue with my stormwater. Within 6 months of purchasing my house we had stormwater backing up and flooding our garage. When a...
Replies
Views
Atdev85
A
T
Hey all! 👋 I need to buy one of those yellow tempering valve caps with the triangle inset on top of the lid, so I can adjust the tempering valve...
Replies
Views
ShaunCorbs
ShaunCorbs
P
I have an old drain cleaner which runs like new when going Ridgid Kollmann1500 but requires a capacitor replacement which is bolted on the side...
Replies
Views
Mike Pemberton
M
J
Just wanting advice on the average cost of installing a tempering valve on a solar hot water system located on the roof of single storey home. Ive...
Replies
Views
andrew black
A
A
Hi Guys, I have a toilet where when you flush, the water from the cistern leaks out from a section of the cistern at the bottom where the seat...
Replies
Views
ShaunCorbs
ShaunCorbs
G
I have a duplex on the Goldie in Queensland, bottom of my driveway has a grate which connects to a 100mm agi pipe 500mm deep that runs around the...
Replies
Views
Gasmk1
Gasmk1
W
Likuan branded mixer taps, are they of good quality? Offered with the company for the water filters as a packaged . Please find link to company...
Replies
Views
Water filter consumer
W
P
  • Question
Hi, I cannot get the sink assembly out of the sink. There is no nut underneath, it seems the top and bottom of the assembly screw together. It has...
Replies
Views
Ben-gee
B
C
  • Question
Hi. I recently bought a house and the shower is leaking. I'm guessing it just needs the washers replaced. However, when I started to have a look I...
Replies
Views
Calum007
C
H
I want to connect a diverter to the end of a wall spout but dont know if the spout has a female thread once i remove the aerator. Does anyone have...
Replies
Views
Hanzos
H
E
Hi, I am a Queensland Police Officer that's considering packing it in to pursue a trade. I like the problem solving aspect of plumbing and think...
Replies
Views
oz-plumber
O
E
Is it acceptable practice to connect a bathroom sink drain above the ubend of a floor drain that’s about 2m away?
Replies
Views
diy_massacre
D
N
I have two sinks in our vanity and the outlet is in the centre. The wastes I have seen in Bunnings put the P trap under one of the sinks and the...
Replies
Views
Neil A
N
M
I have gone to replace the washer in the shower taps as the shower is dripping but the washer seems to be a non-standard size. The 12mm was too...
Replies
Views
Basher
B
J
I have a unit (1 of 3), and mine is furtherest from the road. I have fairly crap water pressure and have had the water corp out, who agree its...
Replies
Views
Ben-gee
B
A
We have an evergreen treatment plant, less than 12 months old. The toilets make a constant gurgling sound. After eliminating all sources, finally...
Replies
Views
Anna123
A
O
Hi all, We have some terrible water hammer in our house. I've had a plumber come round to try and fix it, to no avail, but I'm not convinced he...
Replies
Views
ShaunCorbs
ShaunCorbs
P
Hi Would someone know how I fix this leak, the arrow shows where the water is coming from. My concern is that part b might be welded/soldered to...
Replies
Views
Undertrained
U
P
Hi all I want to get ride of a rain water tank because the pump has died and I’ve been advised it’s not worth fixing/ replacing it I need to...
Replies
Views
Phil johnson
P
PennyR
  • Question
Hey all, I'm setting up a small brewery and need the ability to have instant hot water at decent flow rates. I've been looking at commercial...
Replies
Views
Basher
B
E
  • Question
Have smell coming from floor waste in bathroom
Replies
Views
Undertrained
U
C
Hi - I have just had a bath replaced during a bathroom renovation and the plug is now in the centre of the bath rather than at the end. It also...
Replies
Views
Ric2013
R
J
Just wanting advice on the average cost of installing a tempering valve on a solar hot water system located on the roof of single storey home. Ive...
Replies
Views
Jaymuss
J
Kimmoth
Dunno if they're still a thing at all, could be old school only, but I remember seeing these gutter sections about 16" long, maybe 4"ID, 6"OD or...
Replies
Views
Kimmoth
Kimmoth
G
I'm handy, but not much plumbing experience. Firstly, if I go under my house the toilet PVC line goes into the ground with a "pyramid" cement...
Replies
Views
W
S
I am renovating my toilet and thinking of installing a Villeroy and Boch toilet suite (model "O.Nova 2.0"). Does anyone know if Villeroy and Boch...
Replies
Views
W
S
I have recently brought new mondella pin lever 1/4 turn ceramic taps - Mondella Black Resonance Pin Lever Wall Top Assembly -...
Replies
Views
spindleissues
S
H
Hello, Our block of flats has had some stormwater drains replaced. We are concerned that the work does not meet the PCA standards. For example...
Replies
Views
ShaunCorbs
ShaunCorbs
F
I have old bathrooms. Two taps - one for cold, one for hot. No mixer taps. I have a Saxon Copperflow Truflow 140L hot water system. Both hot water...
Replies
Views
Flyer72
F
C
I am having a house built and I want to provide capped hot/cold water and waste water to a bedroom for a future ensuite. I don't want the builder...
Replies
Views
chiggles
C
P
Our soil is clay and has moved significantly over the 40 year life of the pool. This caused a leak on two of the PVC pipes. Recently ripped all...
Replies
Views
oz-plumber
O
E
I have a toilet seat that is impossible to remove. I've never encountered anything like it before. It's a single piece design, so accessing the...
Replies
Views
Ben-gee
B
Maitreya
Hi all, I need to change a washer on a leaking tap in my shower, but I can't figure out how to get the tap out to change it. I can unscrew the...
Replies
Views
Timmy D
T
D
Hi.... Look I just want to ask what it cost to have imaging done as I have an under slab water leak. I'm in Sydney and may need an expert on this...
Replies
Views
Dan1990
D
A
I'm look for some advice about what to do if someone doesn't pay you and they owe you $2000. Do you take them to court or a debt collector, what...
Replies
Views
oz-plumber
O
L
just got a call fm a plumber/electrician, retd due to ill health, working on an oil boiler for customer, asking for advice, it keeps firing and...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
B
Greetings everyone. I'm writing from North Queensland, Australia. Currently renovating a 30 yo house. In one room there is an Armitage Shanks...
Replies
Views
BruceB
B
A
Hi, I've a problem with the tap listed above. Bought it in 2002. Local supplier says I can't get tap washers for it anymore and should BUY a whole...
Replies
Views
PlumbBobBob
P
S
Does the plumbing world differ too much from UK to AUS? Just couldn't find and Aus forum that's all.
Replies
Views
sheff paul
S
J
To some it is tedious but since being a teen i have watched all forms of motor racing and cant wait for the new season to start.
Replies
Views
V
Post a New Thread / Question

Newest Threads (Please Reply)

New Threads