• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.
Questions and plumbing advice in the Australian Plumbing Advice Forum - Australian Plumbing Advice Forum for all those who are looking for answers to plumbing and central heating questions they have. Whether Australian Boiler Suppliers and Installers, or general advice around the rules and regulations related to Australian (Aus) plumbing. Find Aus plumbing videos, how-to guides, and plenty of community spirit from our regular Aus members. :).

Some popular plumbing forums: Plumbing Forum - Plumbing Tools - Plumbing Courses & NVQ's

M
I have gone to replace the washer in the shower taps as the shower is dripping but the washer seems to be a non-standard size. The 12mm was too...
Replies
Views
B
J
I have a unit (1 of 3), and mine is furtherest from the road. I have fairly crap water pressure and have had the water corp out, who agree its...
Replies
Views
Ben-gee
B
A
We have an evergreen treatment plant, less than 12 months old. The toilets make a constant gurgling sound. After eliminating all sources, finally...
Replies
Views
Anna123
A
O
Hi all, We have some terrible water hammer in our house. I've had a plumber come round to try and fix it, to no avail, but I'm not convinced he...
Replies
Views
ShaunCorbs
ShaunCorbs
P
Hi Would someone know how I fix this leak, the arrow shows where the water is coming from. My concern is that part b might be welded/soldered to...
Replies
Views
Undertrained
U
P
Hi all I want to get ride of a rain water tank because the pump has died and I’ve been advised it’s not worth fixing/ replacing it I need to...
Replies
Views
Phil johnson
P
PennyR
  • Question
Hey all, I'm setting up a small brewery and need the ability to have instant hot water at decent flow rates. I've been looking at commercial...
Replies
Views
Basher
B
E
  • Question
Have smell coming from floor waste in bathroom
Replies
Views
Undertrained
U
C
Hi - I have just had a bath replaced during a bathroom renovation and the plug is now in the centre of the bath rather than at the end. It also...
Replies
Views
Ric2013
R
J
Just wanting advice on the average cost of installing a tempering valve on a solar hot water system located on the roof of single storey home. Ive...
Replies
Views
Jaymuss
J
J
Just wanting advice on the average cost of installing a tempering valve on a solar hot water system located on the roof of single storey home. Ive...
Replies
Views
Jaymuss
J
Kimmoth
Dunno if they're still a thing at all, could be old school only, but I remember seeing these gutter sections about 16" long, maybe 4"ID, 6"OD or...
Replies
Views
Kimmoth
Kimmoth
G
I'm handy, but not much plumbing experience. Firstly, if I go under my house the toilet PVC line goes into the ground with a "pyramid" cement...
Replies
Views
W
S
I am renovating my toilet and thinking of installing a Villeroy and Boch toilet suite (model "O.Nova 2.0"). Does anyone know if Villeroy and Boch...
Replies
Views
W
S
I have recently brought new mondella pin lever 1/4 turn ceramic taps - Mondella Black Resonance Pin Lever Wall Top Assembly -...
Replies
Views
spindleissues
S
H
Hello, Our block of flats has had some stormwater drains replaced. We are concerned that the work does not meet the PCA standards. For example...
Replies
Views
ShaunCorbs
ShaunCorbs
P
I have an old drain cleaner which runs like new when going Ridgid Kollmann1500 but requires a capacitor replacement which is bolted on the side...
Replies
Views
Plumbin
P
F
I have old bathrooms. Two taps - one for cold, one for hot. No mixer taps. I have a Saxon Copperflow Truflow 140L hot water system. Both hot water...
Replies
Views
Flyer72
F
C
I am having a house built and I want to provide capped hot/cold water and waste water to a bedroom for a future ensuite. I don't want the builder...
Replies
Views
chiggles
C
P
Our soil is clay and has moved significantly over the 40 year life of the pool. This caused a leak on two of the PVC pipes. Recently ripped all...
Replies
Views
oz-plumber
O
E
I have a toilet seat that is impossible to remove. I've never encountered anything like it before. It's a single piece design, so accessing the...
Replies
Views
Ben-gee
B
Maitreya
Hi all, I need to change a washer on a leaking tap in my shower, but I can't figure out how to get the tap out to change it. I can unscrew the...
Replies
Views
Timmy D
T
D
Hi.... Look I just want to ask what it cost to have imaging done as I have an under slab water leak. I'm in Sydney and may need an expert on this...
Replies
Views
Dan1990
D
A
I'm look for some advice about what to do if someone doesn't pay you and they owe you $2000. Do you take them to court or a debt collector, what...
Replies
Views
oz-plumber
O
L
just got a call fm a plumber/electrician, retd due to ill health, working on an oil boiler for customer, asking for advice, it keeps firing and...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
B
Greetings everyone. I'm writing from North Queensland, Australia. Currently renovating a 30 yo house. In one room there is an Armitage Shanks...
Replies
Views
BruceB
B
A
Hi, I've a problem with the tap listed above. Bought it in 2002. Local supplier says I can't get tap washers for it anymore and should BUY a whole...
Replies
Views
PlumbBobBob
P
S
Does the plumbing world differ too much from UK to AUS? Just couldn't find and Aus forum that's all.
Replies
Views
sheff paul
S
J
To some it is tedious but since being a teen i have watched all forms of motor racing and cant wait for the new season to start.
Replies
Views
V
W
Hi, Can anyone give me any info on the work situation in oz at present. I read the post recently saying work was limited at the moment. The wife...
Replies
Views
michael c
M
N
hi my name is Nathan and was wondering how to go about getting licensed and ect over here. i have about 10 years in the trade manly commercial...
Replies
Views
peteheat
P
shaky
Any plumbers worked there and what's it like?
Replies
Views
SimonG
SimonG
E
Look here suit a single person http://www.antarctica.gov.au/jobs/jobs-in-antarctica/infrastructure/plumber-mechanical-services-sanitary Dont know...
Replies
Views
T
B
Have any of you fitted Central Heating in Australia If so can you tell me what you know???????? Bod
Replies
Views
B
M
That's all you hear about these days. A Road I trod many moons ago. Australia is again courting and seeks UK Migrants. I am now a Registered...
Replies
Views
migrate
M
Post a New Thread / Question

Newest Threads (Please Reply)

New Threads