Currently reading:
Failed balanced flue(rust(

Discuss Failed balanced flue(rust( in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Just had oil boiler serviced and was told balanced flue failing on old Tranco Eurostar.Starting to suck exhaust fumes into boiler instead of clean air.Was told that as a temp. measure until I get a replacement delivered it's possible to unclip air hose and draw air from there and can block exhaust fumes coming into room with a rag.Boiler in draughty porch with open windows.Would welcome any opinions on this
Thanks

In gas regs this would be classed as immediately dangerous and appliance would be capped off.
Although this isn't gas, it's the same in terms of safety.
I would not accept any advice on this that hasn't come from an experienced and well qualified engineer.
If there is a real risk to life from having no heating AND no other heating can be arranged, then a work-around could be considered.

Reply to Failed balanced flue(rust( in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock