Currently reading:
USA Water usage very high when went on holidays

Discuss Water usage very high when went on holidays in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys I am Rob and new on this forum, hope someone can shed some light on my very strange issue. Thanks in advance to all the replies.

I seem to us around 6 to 7 cubic meters per month. But in October that doubled to nearly 16 cubic meters.

The funny thing is I went on holidays from the 6th to the 20th of October, so was not even using water. So very confused.

I don't have any outside tap, and I don't think my neighbours robbed it.

So still trying to figure out what happened. It was back to 6 and 7 cubic meters for Nov and Dec.

So if had a leak outside of house and no one has fixed it then it should be still high.

We did not leave any taps on.

The only thing I did different was

I turned off the hot and cold valves in the Hot press and emptied out the two toilets and ran the taps till empty.
I did not turn off the mains water.

So is it possible that maybe the cold water storage tank in the attic was overflowing over the two weeks and hence why all this water usage.

No leaks in house or any stains on any roofs.

Why would turning of the valves cause the cold water storage tank to do this or is it something else?

Thanks in Advance for all the comments

Surely even a dodgy valve wouldn't use MORE water when the OP is away? Unless the valve is temperamental and just happened to sit is the leaky position for all the time the family were out?

I went on holidays in August and the usage was normal, but then went on holidays in Oct. This time I decided to turn both hot and cold valves in airing cupboard (hot press :) ) as the weather in Oct may have been cold and did not want any pipes to burst. This time the usage was double the usual.

Reply to Water usage very high when went on holidays in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock