Discuss Hot water so hot tap and shower via our hot water tank in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

We have hot water, tank for hot water why is the hot water boiling hot from tap,and shower,
We are on a schedule for hot water via our hive app 2hrs in morning 2 hrs in evening
Any help be much appreciated

The thermostat for the hot water cylinder should be set at around 60 - 65 C for water hygiene reasons (Legionella) which is hot enough to scald. So it depends on what your definition of boiling hot is? If the water is coming through at around 60 ish degrees C, the solution is to use mixer taps or fit a thermostatic blend valve at the outlets.

I’m going to assume you also have a an emersion heater fitted as well. Does the cylinder stay hot all the time ( 24 hrs) or only when called for vis the hive? If it’s hot 24 hrs then replace the emersion heater stat. If it gets that hot during the timed period I’d take a look at the cylinder stat at first, then onto the zone valve. I would suggest an experienced plumber to take a look for you.

Reply to Hot water so hot tap and shower via our hot water tank in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock